Updated: Jan 29
Dear Charleston Brides and Grooms,
How do you pick your ideal Charleston Wedding or Elopement Venue?? There are countless beautiful places in Charleston for a wedding ceremony, reception, elopement, microwedding, etc. Each are unique, and offer something different for you as the couple (and your guests).
Throughout my time in Charleston as a wedding officiant, I have discovered some truly stunning spots! Visiting White Point Gardens, or Magnolia Plantation really never gets old!
Let's get to know some of my favorite wedding ceremony venues, as a Charleston Wedding Officiant.
Photo: Kate Dye, Kate Dye Photography
Wedding Ceremony Venue: Lowndes Grove, Charleston, SC
A Charleston Wedding Officiant's Guide to Charleston Wedding Venues, Crossword Puzzle Style
3. Charleston waterfront wedding venue made nationally famous from its feature on the Netflix series 'Outer Banks'
6. 19th-century mansion located on upper King St., featuring spacious courtyards and ballrooms
8. Boutique Hotel, home to Frannie and the Fox
9. Charleston Wedding Venue overlooking the Ashley river, the historic building was previously used in rice production
10. Park adjacent to The Citadel, once home to a horse race course
11. Home to over 10,000 works of fine art, doubling as a wedding venue
12. Charleston Wedding Venue located in the 1881 building, Cigar Factory
13. The oldest public tourist site in the Lowcountry, most known for beautiful gardens, and the famous red bridge
1 . Park located at the tip of the peninsula, popular for elopements and microweddings under the gazebo
2. Downtown Charleston wedding venue located on Spring St, home of the onsite restaurant Wild Common
4. Charleston wedding venue where the Legare Waring House is located. Make sure to take a photo (or two) under the stunning "Alley of Oaks"
5. Beautiful Charleston Wedding Venue, located within an 18th century King St. building, with rooftop ceremony and cocktail hour space
7. Charleston Wedding Venue overlooking the Charleston City Market
Good luck! Answers to be released in a subsequent blog!
Photo: Franzi Annika - Franzi Annika Photography
Wedding Ceremony Venue: Gibbes Museum of Art, Charleston, SC
I always love finding new spots in Charleston for beautiful weddings and ceremonies!
Tell me about your favorite!
A Charleston Wedding Officiant